- Guinness (remember the ad too??)
- Boyzone, Westlife and err…Jedward
- Louis Walsh
- Irish dancing – river dance
- Giant’s Causeway
- The legends that are U2
- Superstar actors Pierce Brosnan and Colin Farrell
Some random facts you may not have known about Ireland:
- The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia, in County Galway. Wouldn’t want to try and say that after a few pints of Guinness that’s for sure.
- IRELAND FACT: A ROUGH HANGOVER CURE…I’ll just take the hangover, thanks: One traditional Irish cure for a hangover was to be buried up to the neck in moist river sand.
- Baileys Irish Cream which was launched in Ireland in the early seventies is now the most popular liqueur in the world.
- Couples in Ireland could marry legally on St. Brigid’s Day (February 1st) in Teltown, County Meath, as recently as the 1920’s by simply walking towards each other. If the marriage failed, they could “divorce’” by walking away from each other at the same spot, on St. Brigid’s day the following year. The custom was a holdover from old Irish Brehon laws, which allowed temporary marriage contracts.
Head to galabingo.com to check out our brilliant Irish themed games Leprechaun’s Luck and Irish Eyes! Be transported to the land of the Irish with these fab games. Will you find a jack-pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Go on and have a go! Look at one our past winners who won an amazing £391K on Leprechaun’s Luck!!!